Sunday, February 12, 2017

Undue Inflences


Undue Influences

I am currently studying at South Texas College under the Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation program. My hope is to work with those young people who were like me, hardworking, and tough but lacking confidence in math and science. Well I have to take government and English courses. Both the English and the Texas Government text books are slanted, the Texas Politics course book is slanted towards the left and the English course book is very anti-faith. They are not so subtle either. I am going attached the story "Salvation" from my English course and you can read how they are undermining faith. Now I know the solution. We have to stop pushing agendas and encouraging that personal connection with the Lord. First off, God chooses us. I love how Abraham fought with the angel and would not let go in order to obtain God’s blessing. I believe that is what we must do. We must show God that we are willing to fight for his grace. It is not the other way around. I am trying to qualify to be of influence with these kids who have so much potential yet they ether made mistakes or they just haven’t been communicated to properly. I am thinking about a preacher and his son who train at the Fight House Gym in Edinburg. The son wanted to be a Navy SEAL but he dropped out of school and went to prison and he just got out. He is a tough fighter but he is already 28 years old. He is humble but he has power in his punches and he works hard. I am going to get both him and his father “Da Beast Within, Still Champ” by Anthony Suggs Sr. There is something that needs to be fostered, a spark that needs to be fanned until it becomes a flame. Tony’s story is one of hope and conquering setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment