Monday, September 25, 2017

No Excuses

I am renewed


This is amazing! When my teammate and friend Al Clark Died of a heart attack I got a call from Van Hall my assistant officer in charge of the two platoons Al and I deployed with at SEAL Team Four. I asked what happened to Al and Van said “He broke his leg, they medically retired him and he stopped being active, he got big and his heart couldn’t take it” Then he asked me “How are you doing?” I told him all I was doing was walking and I weighed 238 lbs. He got in my dish and gave me a good scolding. Long story short, I am down to 170 lbs, I just ran two and a half miles at sub seven minute pace, no tense muscles or cramps. I never thought I would be able to run like this again.
I ran six miles on Thursday and Friday and I was amazed that I didn’t get the lactic acid build up I normally had experienced. When people asked me how I lost so much weight I would jokingly say “I gave up my assigned seat at Golden Corral” I told my wife “You know that documentary ‘Super Size it’? I did that with Golden Corral” I have been undoing the effects of pour eating habits since 2011. The combination of consistent exercising and changing my eating habits. Drinking no sodas, mostly water except once week of less Arnold Palmer lemonade and Iced Tea. My wife cooks healthy meals and we don’t overeat. I take the dog out every morning for between 20 and 30 minutes. Walking until today and we ran about two and a half miles. I do abs on Monday and Fridays, push-ups on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Saturdays I do a Navy SEAL Stretch PT. Then I go to the boxing gym and put in 16 to 20 rounds of jumping rope, shadow boxing and hitting the heavybag. I sprint between every other light pole a mile going and returning from the gym.

I am sprinting faster than I did in high school! I can do more pull-ups than I could when I was a Navy SEAL! I have lost 78 lbs in the last year and a half. I recently learned about F3 and I am very excited about it but I am not receiving the same enthusiasm from church leaders I am promoting the program with. I am not saying it was easy but once I went through therapy with Mary Thomas Miller from Innovative Therapy, three times a week for six weeks, my shoulder pain diminished enough to where I could go all out on the heavybag with my jab and left hook and with the increased activity I dropped even more weight and increased my stamina.
I am appealing to my brothers in Christ, I want to see you live and have a better quality of life. I want you to experience what I have experienced with my body healing and being rejuvenated. Before you dig you heals in, is sugar and cream in your coffee, donuts, soda and buffet eating worth the pain and lack of mobility in your body? I am trying to say it nice but Van Hall didn’t hold back when he counseled me about my health. He got in my dish! Sometime you have to love people more than you like them. Let me ask you, when you die of cancer, will your family be able to keep the house you live in? If not will they move in with your family or you wive’s? If you really don’t want to change your eating habits and start exercising, do you have enough life insurance to keep them in the same life style they are used to now? If you are not going to take care of your body, you might want to start on this plan?

Don’t give me any excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment