Saturday, October 7, 2017

For his Glory


For his Glory

This morning at the men’s bible study they were teaching on Job. I have read the story of Job at least seven times and today, it finally made sense to me. All of the calamity he had to go through was for God’s glory. By Job staying faithful to God and by God’s restoring everything back to him in abundance as an example of how we, by staying faithful to the Lord, he can restore our lives.

As the lesson was being taught I was doing an assessment of my body. Yesterday after the John Maxwell simulcast I wasn’t feeling good. So I went for a run and workout. I ran three miles to a gym that has mostly baseball couching and they do boxing aerobics. The classes didn’t start until 6:00 PM but I didn’t need an instructor. I did 12 rounds of jumping rope, shadow boxing and hitting the heavy bad and ran three miles back home. I felt cleansed after the workout and this morning I ran three miles with the dog and did my usual BUD/s work out and three sets of 20 pull-ups.
They had coffee and donuts but I don’t ever eat the donuts, I found that sugar causes me joint pain

because of the inflammation and I don’t like joint pain. That is probably why I wasn’t feeling good

after the John Maxwell event. I ate cheese cake and my am a little lactose intolerant. I love cheese

cake but I probably shouldn’t be eating it.

As I was taking assessment of myself and hearing the lesson it occurred to me that when the Lord restored Job, it wasn’t anything to do with Job except that he stayed loyal to God. Satan fell for the bait.  I looked at all of the guys in the bible study who could demonstrate an incredible testimony to the Lord. I am so thankful for how he restored my body. This whole F3 workout group is all about helping guys to be restored. I never put the two together until this morning.

There is so much that can bring glory to the Lord, all we have to do is give him the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment