Saturday, March 4, 2017

Hearing what I heard




Hearing what I heard

Last night I had a chance to listen to Chuck Pierce at Christian Fellowship Church (CFC). He spoke about border wars and the wall in spiritual terms and to me coming from my background as a Navy SEAL it was like a warning order. Everyone was praising God, dancing around clapping their hands and I was deep in myself with my mind preparing myself as if I were going to war. Then today are the Men’s bible study I saw a plaque on the wall in memory of a young Marine who died in Iraq and Pastor Stevens came in behind me and told me how this young man used to go to the church and how he died the first week he was in Iraq. It sounded similar to what happened to Scott Helvenston so I told Pastor Stevens about Scott, how we knew each other and how he gave me the video of his fitness workout which is what got me started working out with kids at Church of His Kingdom in San Diego.

Then we heard John Bevere talking ab out our calling and how it might not be to ministry but toward a career where we can be an example and minister there. Then John Phillips asked if any of us felt we had a calling and I spoke about teaching hard-case kids like I was in school. I am struggling with algebra but I know that there is just something I am missing and I need to figure it out so I can unlock the mystery for the kids I want to help. I have help from Pastor John Jaramillo from New Hope Church in Weslaco, TX. Last night when I was listening to Chuck Pierce speaking about how God is going to put a lot of focus in the Valley and how the Hispanic population is going to play a major role in this spiritual battle it made me think of Pastor John.

I believe that both Pastor John and Pastor Stevens will have a huge role in this battle. Both are considering sponsorship of Trail Life troops and I am considering becoming a troop leader for Trail Life. At the men’s bible study this morning John Phillips called us to fast before next Saturday. Then next Saturday we are going to dig post holes for a new sign at Center Church. That is going to be a challenge, fasting on Friday and digging post holes on Saturday. God will give me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment