Sunday, November 19, 2017

Let's get FAT


The silly season is almost upon us. It is getting darker earlier, people are already out doing their shopping for Thanksgiving and Christmas. People are making rash decisions and holding off on major decisions until after the holidays. It is the same thing every year. It makes me a little more understanding of Ebenezer Scrooge. However, the TrailLife Troop at Center Church is progressing. I completed the background check and Child Safety Training. We have a full slate on the commission. Once they get through the training videos and take the test we will be able to charter.

                I received an inquiry to lead a BUD/s PT with the Edinburg JROTC. I did a series of workouts with them last year, two a days for two weeks in a row. I am in a little better shape this year. This Friday after Thanksgiving I am going to go for my maximum pull-ups. I haven’t been able to do more than 42 but it has been a while and I have lost a lot of weight since I tried it last.

                I am coming up on a speech for the John Maxwell Speakers club this Tuesday and I am going to talk about PTSD. I will be proposing a method of treatment to stem the over 20 suicides a day of our veteran population. It is how we should deal with each other anyway. Figuring out what excites someone and providing opportunities in which they can participate in them. My theory is to give them so many exciting and enthusiastic situations that the traumatic and negative experiences are lest behind. I am excited to explore the possibilities.

                I have been asked to be the spokesperson for Giddy Up Energy and the other night I was watching Rodeos and realized that it is a natural marketing opportunity for sponsorship at the Mercedes Live Stock Show events. I will be tracking down whoever handles the sponsorships there this week.

                I also came across a gentleman who has run over 18 marathons. He is an assistant manager for Staples in Edinburg. He was telling me about how someone from his church is trying to start a group called the Fitness Awareness Team “FAT”. Then I told him about F3. We are going to try and figure out a regular day and time for an F3 workout and incorporate FAT. I am really concerned about the middle aged men who have let themselves slide. You know there is a problem when you see they have “the Done Lap disease”, when their belly done lapped over their belts. Our livers are our filter for impurities and when it isn’t working properly that is when bad things happen. It is a shame that so many people are cutting their life span short by eating too many doughnuts, over doing it with sugar in their diets and not exercising. When the Navy SEAL officer whom I served two platoons under got in my dish when I let my weight get out of hand, I took it to heart and even though he wasn’t the most tactful communicator I got the message.

                I will let everyone know when and where we will be have f3 workouts in the valley and you too can become FAT.
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment