Sunday, December 10, 2017

My Baptism


I was baptized today. Last Thursday at New Life church they showed pictures of people getting baptized and I thought “I need to do that”. I was confirmed and baptized as Catholic Easter 1992 in Panama but that was just sprinkling and more administrative. Then I had my faith experience February 1994, that was the day I realized that God was real. I started reading my bible for the first time. I have since read the complete bible at least none times.

                Then today when I walked into Church one of the pastors, Terry Westerman was hustling around getting ready to do some baptisms after the regular service. I told him that I had never been fully baptized and he told me to run home and get my swimming trunks and a T-shirt. As I was driving home I had a talk with the Holy Spirit and committed to follow him.

                Then all during the service I was thinking about how I followed Roy Jones Sr. in boxing and my mentors in the SEAL Teams when it came to shooting and tactics. I was feeling like I was getting ready to get in the boxing ring for a fight. I thought about how when I fought Anthony Suggs Sr. and he dropped me with the first punch he hit me with, I got up and committed to go all out. He knows that I did. Then the Spirit gave me a message “You have been relying on yourself, going back and pulling from your past to solve challenges and deal with situations. Now you need to rely on me, in the word and prayer”

                It was as clear as crystal. I am totally committed to serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment